Need quick gift ideas?
You’ve come to the right place. Gifts don’t need to be fancy or expensive. Any gift with a personal touch will be appreciated. Time is running short, but here are some ideas to help check off those last items on your shopping list.
- Music: CD’s or gift certificates for online digital music sources such as iTunes.
- Gourmet foods and spices: A selection from the specialty foods section of your market. Everyone has to eat!
- Books: Buy online or take your shopping list to your local independent book store.
- Donate to a friend or family member’s favorite charity in their name.
- Subscriptions: Give a subscription to a magazine based on their interests. Cooking, sports, stamp collecting…you get the idea. Buy a current edition and wrap it up with a note.
- Gift certificates: Consider giving a gift certificate for something they wouldn’t splurge on themselves. You’ll find gift certificates or cards for stores and services at many websites, supermarkets and pharmacies.
You could also make your own gift certificates. How about a babysitting gift certificate for your adult children? Or a gift certificate for an outing for an elderly (or not!) friend?
- Gift box: Out of time? Head for the nearest big box store, pharmacy or deli and look for small gifts. Example: wrap up a thermal coffee cup and an over-the-seat car organizer for the friend who loves road trips.
- Taxi or ride sharing service gift certificates: Especially useful during the holiday party season.
- Check out gifts.com for more ideas. Even if you don’t buy through the site, it gives you gift ideas based on the recipient’s age, gender and other criteria.
Still need help?
Happy holidays to all!